PRP Penile Injection involves taking your blood, centrifuge it, separate platelet-rich plasma from your blood and injecting it into your own penis. This means your Sexologist takes your own cells and tissues and injects them into your penile tissues to promote tissue growth and give you better erections. This was first invented by Dr C Sharath Kumar, world famous Sexologist. He presented this research paper in 2015 @ International Congress of Sexologists conducted by World Association of Sexologists, held @ Singapore. He was awarded ‘Best Research Paper’ for the year.
PRP has been used treatment for General improvement of Sexual Function, Performance, and orgasm enhancement. PRP treatment gives better sexual satisfaction.
It is also used in variety of Male Sexual Dysfunctions including:
Erectile dysfunction (ED), Premature Ejaculation, Small Penis, Micro Penis, Buried Penis, For Penile Enlargement, Lichen sclerosis, Peyronie’s disease,( a condition in which scar tissue makes the penis curve when it’s erect).
According to Dr. C Sharath Kumar, who provides the PRP therapy along with other therapies like Vacuum pump therapy, Vibration therapy, Acupuncture Therapy, Low Energy Shock Wave Therapy at his Bangalore and Mysore practice, the benefits of this treatment on sexual Dysfunction may be due to several good effects of Plasma and Platelets on penile tissue like, Increased Penile blood flow, Repair responses in some tissue or cells, New blood channels, New Neural pathways, Nerve healing, Vascular healing, Mechanical filling effect.
Benefits of PRP :
Some of the benefits of PRP therapy are :
Improvement of Blood flow and nerve sensation,
Stronger and more intense orgasms,
Higher stamina during sex,
More libido and a more sensitive penis.
PRP Works alongside other treatments like Vacuum pump, Acupuncture, Low Energy Shock wave, Vibration therapy, PDE5 inhibitors and testosterone therapy
PRP also Helps with sexual function after prostate surgery
PRP also Increases Length , Girth and Strength of the penis.
The results and patient satisfaction is 90 %.
The P-Shot involves taking platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from your blood and injecting it into your penis. This means your doctor takes your own cells and tissues and injects them into your penile tissues to promote tissue growth and purportedly give you better erections.
PRP therapy involves injecting a concentration of platelets from your own blood into your body. Platelets are involved in normal wound healing and mechanisms like blood clotting.
PRP Procedure :
The PRP is an outpatient procedure. You can come in, have it done, and be out later that day. You may want to take a day off work or other responsibilities to allow yourself enough time to get it done, but this isn’t necessary.
- Apply a Xylocaine Spray that numbs the genital area and give you a local anesthetic effect.
- Take a blood of your blood and isolate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
- Extract PRP from the vacutainer tube fluid and put them into two separate syringes for injection.
- Inject PRP into the penile shaft in one prick, using a thin neenle.
- Give a penis a Vacuum pump for daily pumping. This helps draw blood into the penis and ensure the PRP is working as intended. Pump daily for 10 minutes over a few months. But using one too often or too long can damage elastic tissue in the penis, leading to less firm erections. Whole procedure takes one to two hours. No need for admission.
Side effects and complications of PRP:
PRP is very safe. Side effects are rare, less than 1%.
Some minor side effects reported from the injection that should go away within a weeks time, including: local Swelling, Redness and bruises.
Some rare complications may include: Infection, Scarring, Priapism. These require medical attention.
Recovery from PRP therapy is quick. You should be able to resume normal activities, like work or school, the same day or the next.
After Care of PRP :
Avoid having sexual activity for a couple of days after the procedure to avoid infecting the injection sites. Try to limit intense physical activity for a couple days, too, so that sweating and rubbing doesn’t irritate the area.
Contraindications for PRP Therapy:
PRP injections are contraindicated in medical condition that could worsen or spread with injections, such as an active infection, a metastatic cancer disease, certain skin diseases and certain blood and bleeding disorders.
Your results can vary widely based on your overall health as well as other factors that may be contributing to your sexual Dysfunction. Some people see results right away after one treatment. Others may not experience results for several months or until they’ve received multiple treatments.
According to Dr. C Sharath Kumar based on his experience as a provider of the PRP at his practice from past six years, responses to treatment into four categories:
- Early responders see effects within the first 24 hours.
- Normal responders see effects in three to five Injections; after the second injection thy start responding. In second or month or two months they reach the peak of their response.
- Late responders see good results in three to four months.
- Non Responders : They are not happy with the results. They need other types of treatments like Surgical interventions, Implants etc.
Duration of the effects of PRP Injections:
It is not a life time treatment. Some of the factors that determine the duration of the good effects of PRP therapy include:
The indication the PRP injection is being used to treat,
The General and Sexual health of the patient,
The way the body responds to the initial PRP treatment.
As with most things in medicine, each person will experience healing from treatment in their own way. The exact amount of time the PRP injections last will naturally vary from patient to patient. In most of the patients, the results lasts for 6 months to two years. Many of my patients have come back for PRP doses, after three to four years, Dr C Sharath Kumar recalls. Additionally, overall outcomes from these treatments will vary from situation to situation.
Keep in mind that your erections and orgasms happen because of a combination of blood flow, hormones, and physical states that can be influenced by your mental and emotional health, not just by PRP alone.
PRP injection Cost :
The Cost of PRP injection is about Rs 6000/ injection. ( INR), at Dr Sharath’s Mens Climic/
This cost doesn’t include consultation charges and other therapy costs.
Consultation Charges : Rs 600.
Other Therapies Cost about Rs 5000 per sitting per therapy.
Vacuum Pump and oil costs Rs 1500. ( One time purchase).Recommended dose is 3 to 5 injections, Monthly once.
- Kumar CS. ( Dr C Sharath Kumar, India ), (2017). Combined treatment of injecting platelet rich plasma with vacuum pump for penile enlargement. DOI: 1016/j. jsxm. 2016.11.174.
- Hamid MSA. (2014). Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) for acute muscle injury: A systematic review. DOI: 1371/journal.
- Matz EL, et al. (2018). Safety and feasibility of platelet rich fibrin matrix injections for treatment of common urologic conditions. DOI:4111/icu.2018.59.1.61
- Krzastek S, et al. (2019). Recent advances in the understanding and management of erectile dysfunction. DOI:12688/f1000research.16576.1
- Scott S, et al. (2019). Platelet-rich plasma and treatment of erectile dysfunction: Critical review of literature and global trends in platelet-rich plasma clinics. DOI: 1016/j.sxmr.2018.12.006